District 7810 Short Term Youth Exchange Chair
A member of the Moncton West and Riverview Rotary club.
Since April 2013, Mary has been the Executive Director for Moncton Headstart Inc., an early family intervention centre for children and their families. She has been a resident of Moncton for 30 plus years and is a graduate of the University of New Brunswick with a Bachelor of Business Administration. She also received her Certificate of Economic Development at the University of Waterloo and thereafter achieved her designation of Economic Developer.
Mary worked in the economic development field for over 20 years where she had the opportunity to coach and guide hundreds of budding entrepreneurs to pursue their dream of entrepreneurship. She also had the opportunity to work in the property management field for a number of years in both the private sector and with a crown corporation.
Mary has always welcomed the opportunity to work on a volunteer basis in the community. Some of her volunteer work included:
- Fundraising for her children’s various sports teams over a 15 year period
- Treasurer and Warden for her church
- Chair and Member of the District Education Council for School District 2
- Member of the Parent School Support Committee at Evergreen Park School
- Fitness Instructor at the Greater Moncton YMCA
- Chair of the Small Business Committee for the Greater Moncton Chamber of Commerce
- Board member of the St. Patrick’s Family Centre
- Member of the Moncton West and Riverview Rotary Club
- District Coordinator for the Short Term Rotary Youth Exchange Program
- Business Case Competition Judge at Crandall’s University
- Education and Industry Forum with the Moncton Northeast Construction Association
On a more personal note, Mary grew up in a military family with much of her childhood spent moving to various military bases in Canada as well as Europe. In the first 7 years of her life she lived in 9 different homes. Mary is married to her husband Edwin of 32 years. They have two children both currently living and working in Halifax. In her spare time Mary enjoys traveling, running, baking, walking her favourite four legged pet, and volunteering in the community and in her church.